Looking for a way to root LG Esteem? This tutorial will help you get started pretty easily and quickly, and also you will not even be requiring a pc for that. So you could root the device within minutes, and look forward to the tweaks and the customizations you wanted to perform on the device.
Before you Root LG Esteem:
Before you root LG Esteem, and begin with the procedure there are some things that you should be knowing about, before you proceed. You should be having a basic knowledge about android rooting, and the stuff related to it. As you should be having a complete idea of what are you actually doing to your android device, and how it might benefit you, or also in some cases disadvantage you. Now if you are already well informed about all those things, then you can skip this part and move onto the next section of the tutorial, but on the other hand if you are a first timer, or a newbie, and don’t know about much of the concepts in the first place, then you should really consider researching about it a bit.
Android Rooting is a method by which you become the super user of the device. You become the super user, and are able to perform, many things on the device which you would not be able to do otherwise. It is like having to make the device work according to you, even by interfering in the default system processes and other related things. In a nutshell you become the administrator of the device, like in Windows, but here you have much more control over the device. To sum it up, to control your device across the barriers that android puts, and experiencing the real open source environment, rooting enters. To read about more, go to What is Android Rooting?
Since after rooting your android device, you are able to perform tweaks and customizations on your device, you could easily use it to your advantage. To list a few tweaks that can be performed, you could, install Custom ROMs, increase the RAM,increase the internal memory, Play HD Games, and also you could overclock processor. And not only this, there are plenty of more and other exciting tweaks as well, you can view it from the list here. Now also if you wish to know in more detail about the advantages of rooting your android device, you can read this post here.
Not only advantages, rooting your android device, has some disadvantages as well. Also many of you must be knowing about it as well, that when you rooting your android device, you lose the warranty on the device, that has been provided by the manufacturer of the device. Though in some cases, manufacturers, do support rooting, but still majority of them still don’t. So that is still a con of rooting your device. Apart from this, there are other major disadvantages too, but they are quite technical, and we cannot discuss them right here in this post, and if you wish to know them, you should click here and read the detailed post explaining them.
About this Tutorial:
On this tutorial we will root lg esteem with the help of an app named as super root and it will get us the root access on the device. We will be installing it on the device from the apk source manually and after that the procedure involves just following a couple of simple steps. Now it is really easy and the best part is that you won’t even need a laptop or a computer for the same.
There are some things that you would be required to do in first, and before you begin with the procedure to root LG Esteem, and below is a list that contains all those things. Go through the list, once and get them done first.
- Enable the installation of apps from Unknown Sources, which can be one under the Security in the Settings.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged, so that it does not interrupt you in the middle of the procedure, and ask you to connect the charger in the middle.
- You should make a secure backup of your data on the device before you begin, though it will not get deleted by following this tutorial, it is better to be on the safer side.
- Follow these guides to backup your important data.
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Download the files from the Download Section below, as they are essential for the procedure to root.
First of all, you will be required to download the Super-Root.apk file for your phone on your computer from the link below as it is very important if you want to root lg esteem with this method. And as you can see the link has been locked and you would have to unlock it by doing any of the things mentioned in the locker box below.
How to Root LG Esteem MS910:
So finally here are the steps that you would be required to follow properly so as to begin with the procedure to root lg esteem. Again to remind you that you must go through the pre requisites section and have the things mentioned there in place and also the downloads.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and copy the above downloaded file to the root of the SD card of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone from the computer and head to Menu > Settings > Security and check the box next to Unknown Sources. This will allow the installation of third party apps on your phone. It is recommended to uncheck this option after the rooting process is complete for the security of your phone.
- Now open the file manager on your phone and click on the Super-Root.apk file from the root of the SD card to begin its installation.
- After the app is installed, launch it from the app drawer.
- In the app, click on ‘Install SuperSU’ option from the first dropdown menu that appears and then tap on exploit in the app.
This will begin the rooting process. Once the process is complete, reboot your phone.
To make sure of the root, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer. If you find this app, the phone has been successfully rooted.
That’s it, you’re done with the procedure and you have finally rooted LG Esteem without PC, and within a few clicks. Note that if you faced any issue with any of the steps mentioned above, or any other problem with the tutorial, do get to us, and contact us, and we would fix it as soon as possible.