If you are looking to root Droid Incredible 4G then you are at the right place. Here is a short tutorial that will help you to root the device with the help of one click software in which you would have to just follow the simple set of instructions below and not need to give any manual commands. So let’s begin.
Before you Root Droid Incredible 4G:
Before you begin with the procedure to root Droid Incredible 4G, you should be knowing about the basic concepts related to android rooting. If you are well aware of it and have been into then rooting of android phone since quite a bit of time now, then you can skip this part of the tutorial and jump to the next section. Also on the other hand if you are not aware of it more, then you should take out some time and research a bit about it. You can refer to the small introductory part below.
Android Rooting is a procedure by which you gain the special authority to control your device better than ever before, which includes interfering in the system processes and also performing many tweaks and customizations on it. It makes you the super user of the device and you are to grant special access to the device and also perform performance tweaks on it which by default android does not let you. It more an less like running a windows device in administrator mode. If you want to read more about android rooting, then you can head to this post here, as we cannot discuss all the technicalities right here in this tutorial.
As said above, you get to perform many tweaks and customizations on your android device, so you can definitely use it to your own advantage. There are many tweaks that can be performed on your android device which a normal android user cannot, for example you could Play HD Games, overclock processor, increase the RAM, increase the internal memory, and also you could install Custom ROMs. And not only these there are many more tweaks and customizations possible when you root your device. You can get to know about more root only android tweaks on this category page here. And if you are looking forward to know about more advantages of rooting your android smartphone in detail, then you can refer to this post here.
Coming to the disadvantages of rooting your android smartphone, there are many of them but the most common one is that when you root an android device you will end up losing the manufacturers warranty that has been provided by the company on the device. Though nowadays many of the manufacturers do support rooting, but still most of them don’t. There are many more technical disadvantages of rooting an android smartphone, which you can read in this post here.
About this Tutorial:
In this method we will first flash a recovery on the droid incredible 4g and then with the help of that custom recovery we will root uh device. This procedure might take a bit more time as compared to other methods but by this you will be install in a recovery on the device which will also assist you further in case you plan to install or flash a custom rom on it. This method has been tried and tested on the device and safe but still we need to make clear that we would not be responsible for any damage that might occur to the device and not does the developer.
Also make sure that the bootloader of your device is unlocked. You can do that by heading over to the HTCDev website.
Here are some things that you need to do before you can begin with the tutorial to root Droid Incredible 4G. Below is a list that comprises of all those things. So make sure that you have them before you begin with the tutorial.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged, make it to 60 percent as you would not want that it should interrupt in the middle of the procedure.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode under the Developer Options.
- If you don’t find developer options in the settings, then you can tap on the build number of the device in the about section about 7 times.
- You will need a laptop or a computer for the same with the proper drivers installed for the device.
- You can download the drivers here.
- Backup the important data on the device, though it will not get deleted but still it is advisable that you backup to be on the safer side.
- Refer to the guides below if you do not know how to backup data on the device.
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Chats
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Lastly download the files from the download section below.
As there are some files that we will be needing for this tutorial and method to root droid incredible 4g. So make sure that you download them properly before you proceed and also to remind you that the links have been locked and you need to unlock them. Before you can use them first.
How to Root HTC Droid Incredible 4G:
To finally begin with the procedure follow the steps below and begin with them to root HTC droid incredible 4g.
- After you have downloaded the above mentioned archive , extract the files to a suitable location on your computer.
- Go to the location where the field are extracted and double click on the Toolkit’s executable file which will launch the rooting app.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your phone by going into Settings > Developer Options and checking the box next to USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- In the toolkit, click on the TWRP option in the Flash A Recovery Menu and then click on Flash Recovery. This will start flashing the TWRP recovery to your phone.
- Once the recovery is flashed, just click on the Extras menu and then click on the Perm Root option. You then just have to click on the Run button
- This will start rooting your device.
- Disconnect the device once the procedure is complete.
So this is it, this was short post which helped you to root Droid Incredible 4G within one click. Also in case if you faced any errors or issues with the tutorial or any of the download links are broken then you can let us know in the form of comments below, and we would try to get back to you as soon as possible.