Before you Root Sony Xpeira C3:
You bare expected to have a complete knowledge about android rooting and stuff related to it before you begin to root Sony Xpeira C3. Since you need to make sure that you completely know that what really are you. Doing to the device and not really rooting for the sake of it. What would be the benefit of rooting your device if you don't even know what it really is and how can you benefit or lose by it? So if you do not know much about it, then you should really take out some time and have it to read and study about android rooting and things related to it. Below is a brief intro of rooting, some advantages and disadvantages as well. Note that if you already know about it and have been rooting since quite a bit of time now then you can really skip this part and move on to the next section of the tutorial.
Android Rooting let's you get the root access which in turn gives you the power to control the device better than ever before. You are even able to interfere in the core functioning of the device and make various changed and tweaks in the system processes according to your own preferences. You can perform many tweaks and customization which by default android does not let you do. It is like, when you root an android device you are completely on the driver seat and have the power to control many to almost everything about how your device works. There are many more things related to android rooting that we cannot discuss right here in this post, so if you desire to know more read this post.
Since rooting allows you to perform tweaks and customizations on the device, you can use it your own advantage. Like you can increase the power and performance of the device and level of personalization that you have on your android device. To list a few tweaks that you can do, you could Custom ROMs, Play HD Games, increase the internal memory, increase the RAM, and also you could overclock processor. And not only this there are many more things out there, and to know about more tweaks you can refer to this post right here. And so as to get to know about more detailed advantages of rooting your android smartphone, this post would help you out.
Also android rooting has some disadvantages. Yes and the most common of them all is, when you root an android device, you. Lose the warranty on the device that has been provided by the manufacturer on it. Though nowadays many manufacturers allow and support rooting but ark majority of them don't at the point of time. There are many other disadvantages as well, which are quite technical and so as to get to know about them in detail you would have to reach out to the detailed post, disadvantages of rooting your android device.
Read: How to Unbrick your device
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will first flash cwm recovery in Xperia c3 and the use it to root Xperia c3 again. This is a bit of long and time consuming procedure as compared to the other ones out there. But do make sure that you know as by this we wi install a custom recovery too which will benefit you in further scenarios like flashing a rom or a kernel on the device. Also this method has been tried and tested on the device, but still we would like to warn you in advance that we will not be responsible for any damage to the device. So proceed at your own risk.
Before you rush to the instructions part of the tutorial and begin to riot Sony Xpeira C3 using one click, there are some things that you would have to get done in the first place. Below is a list of all those things and you can refer to it.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode under the Developer Options of the device.
- In case you don't see any Developer Options on the device, then you need to tap on the Build Number of the device 7 times.
- You will need a laptop or a computer with adequate drivers setup on it.
- You can download the drivers for your device from this page right here.
- Download the files from the download section below.
- Also backup the important data on the device, though it won't get wiped, still it is better to be on the safer side.
- You can use the tutorials given right here to help you in backing up data.
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Chats
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Lastly also make sure that you have charged the device properly before you begin, as you would not want that the device should interrupt you in the middle of the process and ask to plug in power.
As you know we will be flashing a couple of things on the device so you are required to download those files and tools before you begin. You can do that by using the links given below but note that you will have to unlock them and that can be done by Dion the things mentioned on the locker box like liking our fan page.
How to Root Sony Xperia C3:
After you have gone through the previous sections of the post already, it’s time to begin the procedure to root Xperia c3. Follow the instructions given below to begin.
- The first step requires you to unlock the bootloader .
- To unlock the Bootloader on your Sonu Xperia C3, just go to Sony’s official website and select your device and follow the steps and you will get an unlock code sent to your email.
- Next step would be to install Flashtool on your computer.
- After installing flashtool, turn off your devive and then press and hold the volume down button until the LED on your device truns blue.
- Then connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Now launch Flashtool and in the window click on the BLU option.
- Then just follow the onscreen instructions.
- One done, disconnect your phone from the computer and then connect it again to the computer while holding the volume up button.
- You will then see the Flashtool asking you for the code.
- Enter the code and your phone’s bootloader is now unlocked.
- Extract the CWM and SuperSU files to a suitable location on your computer.
- The connect your device to the computer using a USB cable while holding the volume down button till the LED starts glowing red.
- Now launch flashtool and select Fastboot mode in the app window.
- Next click on the “Kernel to flash” option followed by the “*.img” option and then select the boot.img file which you extracted from the CWM file. This will flash the CWM recovery on xperia c3.
- Disconnect your device from the phone once done.
- Now turn on your phone and enable the USB Debugging mode by going into Settings > Developer Options. Then collect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Transfer the SuperSU.zip file to the SD card of the phone and disconnect the device from the computer.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it into Recovery mode by holding the volume up button.
- Once in recovery mode, select the “Install zip from sd card” and select the SuperSU.zip file.
- This will start the rooting procedure. Once this is done, reboot your phone and it should be rooted.
Once the phone reboots, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer of your phone. If you find this app installed, your phone has been successfully rooted. You can also download the Root Checker app from the Play Store to do the same.
Check the Root Access of the Phone with the help of Root Checker Pro.
Read: Things to do after Rooting android device
Yes this is it, you are set to know do those things and customizations or tweaks that you were looking forward to do after to root Sony Xpeira C3. Note that if in any case you got stuck or faced any errors or issues or maybe even the download links don't seem to work then you could let us know by commenting below, anyone of the users or the member of our team would get back to you with a solution of your issue as soon as possible.