Before you Root HTC Touch Diamond 2:There are some things that you should be knowing before you begin with the procedure to root HTC Touch Diamond 2. You should be having a basic knowledge about android rooting and the concepts related to it. This section is for the newbies and the people who are not knowing about rooting at all and it is their first time. But on the other hand if you are a regular one and know about it already, you can skip this part of the tutorial. Below is a intro part for the first timers, that might make it a bit easy for them to begin with.
In the simplest of words, when you root an android device you seize to gain the full control over the device. You are able to control the system processes, default workflows and make really great customizations and performing many tweaks on it. Now of course we are talking things that by default the android code would not allow you to do, but when you root the device you are. You in a sense are the super user of the device and can control the device better than ever before. It is quite different from jailbreaking an iPhone, as it is illegal whereas rooting your android phone is completely legal. I cannot write the whole story about android and rooting in this post right here, as this was just a brief introductory part and if you wish to know more then you should read this post.
Now as said above, when you root the device you are able to control it and perform tweaks and customizations on it. Of course this can advantage you, in many ways as you can in read the productivity or also the performance of your android device in many cases. When you root a device, you are able to increase the RAM install Custom ROMs, increase the internal memory, Play HD Games, and also you could overclock processor. And not only this, there are many more tweaks out there that can be performed on an android device, once it is rooted. And if you are looking forward to get to know about them in detail, read this post on advantages of rooting.
There are also some disadvantages of rooting your android device as well. As many of you might already be knowing that once you root an android device, you would lose then warranty on the device that has been provided by the manufacturer. Not only this there are many other disadvantages of rooting your device too, like you could end up in random boot loops and other problems that might occur to you while performing many tweaks and if you do not know what you're actually doing, it could make you land in troubles. Here is a post that discusses every detailed disadvantage of rooting an android device.
About the Tutorial:
Let us first have a look that how will we really root HTC touch Diamond 2 in this tutorial as you know that there are so many tutorials out there by which you can possibly root an android device. Here we will root the device without the need of a computer with the help of an app which will get us the root access. Now there might be other methods too, but this is the easiest and the fastest of them all as it only requires you use the app and follow some simple instructions. This method has been tried and tested by us and won’t cause any damage to the device. But still we advise you to proceed at your own risk as we won’t be responsible for any damage that might occur to it.
Read: How to Unbrick your device
Pre Requisites:Below is a list things that you are required to do before you begin with the tutorial to root HTC Touch Diamond 2 and make sure that you surely do get them done before you begin.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged so that it does not interrupt us in the middle of the root in procedure.
- Enable the Installation of Apps from unknown Sources, which can be done in the Security Settings.
- You need to make a proper backup of the device and the data, though it won't get deleted but still you should do it as a precautionary measure.
- You can learn how to backup the data on the device from the guides below
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- You need to download the files from the download section below.
Download the file for super root app apk source, as it is the app that we will use and without it you cannot root HTC touch Diamond 2 without it. Before you download it is in the link below, you will have to unlock it first by performing the tasks given in the locker box.
How to Root HTC Touch Diamond 2:
Here are the step by step instructions that you need to follow so as to root HTC touch Diamond 2 and make sure that you have gone through the previous sections kg the post as well.
- The first step requires you to download the Super-Root.apk file on your computer from the link in the above section. This is the app that will actually do the rooting.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and copy the file to a suitable location on the SD cars of your phone.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer and head to Settings from the app drawer. There go to Security and look for Unknown Sources. Check the box next to Unknown Sources which will allow you to install third party apps. You can uncheck this once the rooting procedure is complete for safety measures.
- Now go to the location where you copied the Super-Root.apk file and click on it to begin its installation.
- Once the app is installed, launch it from the app drawer of your phone.
- In the app, click on ‘Install SuperSU’ on the first dropdown list that appears. Then click on Exploit to begin the rooting process.
Once the rooting process is complete, reboot your phone. To make sure if the root, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer. If you find this app installed, your phone has been successfully rooted.
Check the Root Access of the Phone with the help of Root Checker Pro.
Read: Things to do after Rooting android device
This is it, you have rooted HTC Touch Diamond 2 without PC. This was a short tutorial aimed at helping you out with the root procedure and help you do it pretty easily without having you to give any manual commands in command prompt. Also note that if you get stuck at any step or any other problem related to tutorial arises, do contact us and we would get back to you as soon as possible.