Looking for some ways to root HTC One S, well here is a post that would help you out. You could root and increase the performance of the device and manage to get the most of your android phone.
Before you Root HTC One S:
There are many things that you need to know about rooting and stuff before you can begin, as you should be ha in an idea about what are you really doing to your device. In case you have been rooting devices and are well aware of it, then you can skip this part of the tutorial and move onto the next one. But on the other hand, if you are a beginner and don’t know much about rooting then of course you can give this part a read. It might help you in understanding better.
Android Rooting is a basic process by which you gain the access to the core of the device and are able to control the device better than ever before. Also you are able to interfere in the system processes of the device and are able to perform many tweaks. And not only that you are in a better position to perform some useful tweaks and customizations on the device. So that is pretty much rooting. Though there are more details that can be discussed about rooting, but we cannot do that right here in this post. You could read it right here in this post.
Coming to the advantages of root in HTC One S, there are many of them. Now as you read above when you are in full control of the device you are able to perform some decent tweaks and customizations. You can overclocking the processor in android, increase the internal memory, increase the RAM, Play HD Games, and delete the bloatware. And the list does not end here, there are many many more things out there that can be performed on the device. Here is a list that would help you in the same.
There are also some disadvantages of rooting your android smartphone. As you might be knowing that when you root you end up losing the warranty of the device. Though there are many manufacturers these days that don’t do so, but that doesn’t seem to be our case. Also there are many other disadvantages of rooting your smartphone that you might not be knowing about. Read disadvantaged of rooting here.
About this Tutorial:
We will be rooting the HTC One S with the help of a computer and then connecting the device to it. Though it is not the easiest and the fastest method around to root the device but still it is really safe and will get you to root htc One S. All you need to do is, connect the device and then follow the step by step instructions given.
There are many things that are needed to be done before you can begin to root HTC One S.So make sure you have these things in place at first hand.
- Make sure the device is charged properly, atleast 60 percent. As we do not want that it should interrupt in the middle of the procedure.
- You will need a laptop or a computer with proper drivers installed for the device. You can download them here.
- Rooting does not delete any of the user data but still it is advisable that you make a secure backup so that you are on the safer side.
- You can refer to the guides below.
- Download the files below from the download section.
- You also need to unlock the bootloader of HTC One S, for the tutorial.
Before we begin with the rooting process, we first need to unlock the bootloader of your phone. To do that, unlock the download link below.
How to Root HTC One S :
So here are the step by step instructions that would help you to reply HTC one s easily. All you need to do is just follow the steps mentioned here.
After the bootloader has been unlocked, we can begin with the rooting process.
- Download the Superboot files from the link onto your computer and extract them to a suitable location.
- Now boot your phone into the bootloader mode. To do this, first turn it off and then press and hold the volume down button and then press the power button. Then press the power button again to continue.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- If you are using a Windows based computer, go to the location where the files were extracted and double click on the install-superboot-windows.bat file to begin the rooting process. Then just follow the on screen instructions and your phone will be rooted.
- If you’re using a Mac OS based computer, open a terminal window where the files were extracted i.e. on the desktop and execute the following command:
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
- This will begin the rooting process. Once the process is complete, disconnect your phone from the computer and reboot it.
So this was a short post that helped you to root HTC One S. If you faced any problems or any errors while in the middle of the tutorial or any of the download links seem to not work, you could contact us or comment below. Any user or our team would help you out.