Looking for a way to root HTC Google Nexus One? This tutorial will help you get started pretty easily and quickly, and also you will not even be requiring a pc for that. So you could root the device within minutes, and look forward to the tweaks and the customizations you wanted to perform on the device.
Before you Root HTC Google Nexus One:
Before you root HTC Google Nexus One, and begin with the procedure there are some things that you should be knowing about, before you proceed. You should be having a basic knowledge about android rooting, and the stuff related to it. As you should be having a complete idea of what are you actually doing to your android device, and how it might benefit you, or also in some cases disadvantage you. Now if you are already well informed about all those things, then you can skip this part and move onto the next section of the tutorial, but on the other hand if you are a first timer, or a newbie, and don’t know about much of the concepts in the first place, then you should really consider researching about it a bit.
Android Rooting is a method by which you become the super user of the device. You become the super user, and are able to perform, many things on the device which you would not be able to do otherwise. It is like having to make the device work according to you, even by interfering in the default system processes and other related things. In a nutshell you become the administrator of the device, like in Windows, but here you have much more control over the device. To sum it up, to control your device across the barriers that android puts, and experiencing the real open source environment, rooting enters. To read about more, go to What is Android Rooting?
Since after rooting your android device, you are able to perform tweaks and customizations on your device, you could easily use it to your advantage. To list a few tweaks that can be performed, you could, install Custom ROMs, increase the RAM,increase the internal memory, Play HD Games, and also you could overclock processor. And not only this, there are plenty of more and other exciting tweaks as well, you can view it from the list here. Now also if you wish to know in more detail about the advantages of rooting your android device, you can read this post here.
Not only advantages, rooting your android device, has some disadvantages as well. Also many of you must be knowing about it as well, that when you rooting your android device, you lose the warranty on the device, that has been provided by the manufacturer of the device. Though in some cases, manufacturers, do support rooting, but still majority of them still don’t. So that is still a con of rooting your device. Apart from this, there are other major disadvantages too, but they are quite technical, and we cannot discuss them right here in this post, and if you wish to know them, you should click here and read the detailed post explaining them.
About this Tutorial:
In this post we will root the device with the help of an app that will get us the root access, and the app that we will be using is UniversalAndroot. There are many methods by which you can root an android device, but this one is the easiest of them all as all it would take is a few clicks and also you don’t even need a computer for this. Also this method has been tried and tested on HTC Google Nexus One, and won’t cause any harm to the device. But note that if any thing or mishappening occurs we would not be responsible for it. So proceed at your own risk and only if you are confident enough.
There are some things that you would be required to do in first, and before you begin with the procedure to root HTC Google Nexus One, and below is a list that contains all those things. Go through the list, once and get them done first.
- Enable the installation of apps from Unknown Sources, which can be one under the Security in the Settings.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged, so that it does not interrupt you in the middle of the procedure, and ask you to connect the charger in the middle.
- You should make a secure backup of your data on the device before you begin, though it will not get deleted by following this tutorial, it is better to be on the safer side.
- Follow these guides to backup your important data.
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Download the files from the Download Section below, as they are essential for the procedure to root.
You are required to download the UniversalAndroot.zip file from this link onto your computer. After downloading this file, extract it to a suitable location on your computer to get the. Apk file. Also note that before you download this file to root HTC Google nexus one, you will have to unlock the download link by performing one of the mentioned things below in the locker box.
How to Root HTC Google Nexus One:
Follow the steps below to finally begin with the procedure to root HTC Google nexus one, and also make sure that you have gone through the previous sections of the post as well.
- Connect your phone to the computer and copy the apk file to the root of the SD card in your phone.
- Now head to Settings > Security and enable the Unknown Sources option by checking the box next to it.
- Now open the file manager and go to the root of the SD card in your phone and click on the copied apk file to begin its installation.
- Once the app is installed, launch it from the app drawer. Then just follow the on screen instructions to root your phone. Once the rooting process is complete, reboot your phone.
To make sure of the root, download the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.
That’s it, you’re done with the procedure and you have finally rooted HTC Google Nexus One without PC, and within a few clicks. Note that if you faced any issue with any of the steps mentioned above, or any other problem with the tutorial, do get to us, and contact us, and we would fix it as soon as possible.