This post will help you out in the procedure to root HTC incredible 2 and install cwm on it. As you know after installing cwm and having rooting it, you can literally get the most out from your device by performing many tweaks on the device.
Before you Root Droid Incredible 2:
There are things that you should be knowing before you too HTC droid incredible 2, so that you are sure that what are you doing to the device and not doing it just for the sake of it. So we suggest that you before root in the device get to know that rooting in android scenario what really is. If you are well aware of the things about root in and the stuff related to it like its advantages and disadvantages then you could probably skip this part of the tutorial. But on the other hand if you are a newbie then surely you should take out time and read about this stuff a bit. Below is a one of the short info given, in which we have tried to explain things you quite briefly.
Android rooting is a method by which gain the super user rights, in other words the Root access to the device. And with these root access you are able to perform many tasks in the device which an android user by default cannot. You are able to manually override system defaults which otherwise are inaccessible. For example you could completely change the interface by flashing a ROM on the device. You could swap the kernels on the device and not only that you could perform some serious hardcore tweaks and customization a on the device by manually interfering in the core functioning of the device. In words, yeah rooting does look like a big deal, but ease out it is all cool. Infact this post is a small place to explain about rooting, so if you wish to know more you can read, what is android rooting?
Sure android rooting can be advantageous, since it lets you perform so many hardcore tweaks and other stuff. You can increase the performance of the device using these, and not only this there are other tweaks like you could overclock processor, Custom ROMs, Play HD Games, increase the internal memory, and also you could increase the RAM. You can browse more tweaks and productive things that can be done with your device after rooting from the list here. Also if you wish to know more in depth advantages of rooting, you can reach out to this post here.
But hey, unfortunately android rooting has some serious disadvantages as well. Of course many people know it already that rooting your android device will land you in losing the manufacturers warranty on the device. And not only this if you are not well informed you could land your device I trouble whilst performing some serious hardcore tweaks and might even soft brick the device. But don’t worry we are here for you. Also if you wish to know more, you can read the post disadvantages of rooting.
About the Tutorial:
As there are tons and tons if rooting tutorials out there, we should get to know before we begin that which of them are we going to follow in this tutorial. In this tutorial we will be using a computer and then connect the phone to it and then in turn using the computer or a laptop whatever you have in your case, we will obtain the root access to incredible 2. We will install the cwm recovery on HTC droid incredible 2 and then we will use the custom recovery to flash SuperSU which will provide us with the root access to the device. Also this is a tried and tested method and chances of it failing or giving you any errors are really less. So you can proceed without any worries.
There are some things that you need to do before you can root droid incredible 2 and below is a compiled of all those things, which you can go through and get them in place before you begin.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigating into the settings and then developer options. Of you do not see any developer options, you will have to tap on the build number located in the about section about 7 times.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged so that it does not interrupt you in the middle of the procedure.
- Following this procedure to root your incredible will not delete any of the data but still it is advisable that you backup the important stuff on the device.
- If you do not know how to backup important stuff you can refer to the guides below.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Download re files from the download link below in the section, as they are essential for the procedure.
- You will also need a laptop or a computer with the drivers set up for the device. If you don’t know how to set them up, you can get them from the link here.
Below are the download links for the bikes that you need to download for the procedure to root droid incredible 2. But before you can use the download links you will have to unlock them by performing any of the mentioned things below.
Install cwm Recovery on droid incredible 2:
So this is the first part of our tutorial where we will flash cwm on HTC droid incredible 2 and after that get the root access to it. So follow the instructions given below.
- Go to the location where the files were downloaded and extract the Fastboot archive. You will get a file named fastboot.exe along with some other files.
- Now turn off your phone. Once it is turned off, press and hold the power button + volume down button till you see a menu with some options. Choose the BOOTLOADER option from the menu.
- Now connect the phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Now you have to launch a command prompt window where the file was extracted. It is recommended that you extract the files on the desktop.
- To open the command prompt window, hold down the shift key and right click on any empty space and select the ‘Open command window here’ option.
- In the command window, type in the following command :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Take care to replace the recovery.img’ from the above command with the actual name of the recovery you downloaded before step 1.
- After the recovery is flashed to your phone, type in the following command :
A custom recovery has now been flashed to your phone and we can now begin with the rooting process.
How to Root Droid Incredible 2:
So finally refer to the detailed and easily sorted out step by step instruction below as they. Will guide you to root devoid incredible 2. Before beginning once again make sure that you have gone through the previous sections of the post and the recovery is successfully installed on the device.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable with the memory card in it and copy the superuser.zip file that you downloaded to the root of the SD card.
- Disconnect the phone and turn it off. Now boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume down button + power button till you see a menu. Then select the Recovery option.
- Once in recovery mode, select the ‘Install zip from sd card’ followed by the ‘Choose zip from sd card’ option.
- Navigate using the volume up and volume down button and select using the power button.
- Now select the superuser.zip file that you copied to the root of the SD card.
- Once the file is flashed, select the ‘Reboot to system’ option.
Yeah, that’s it. You have successfully rooted your droid incredible 2, and are now set to perform those tweaks and boost the performance of your device you were looming forward too. You will find the SuperSU app installed in your app drawer and groin there you can manage the root permissions easily. Also note that if you face any errors or any of the links don’t seem to worm you can contact our team in the form of comments below and we will try to reach out to you with the possible solution as soon as possible.