So you own a Star Pro Duos, and it has turned old and has slowed down. Of course that slowing down of the device with time is completely natural, but hey there are still many things that be done from this point, and one such thing is rooting it. So if you came here heading to root Galaxy Star pro Duos, then you are at the right place. You can perform many tweaks and most important of all you can increase the device and speed it up, so let the rooting begin.
Before you Root Galaxy Pro Duos:
Before we begin we atleast need to have a basic idea of what android rooting and related stuff is. In case you guys already know it, you can skip this part, and jump onto the next section of the tutorial, but in case you do not know and are a beginner at all this, you should atleast give it a read.
Android Rooting is a procedure, by which you gain the root access to the device, in simpler words you get to control your android device more than ever before. Now by default, there are many things that your android device, does not let you control. It include mainly the power to interrupt in the functioning, and also deleting any app on the device, even if it is a system app. Yes you could do wonders when you root your device, and control it on a more personalized manner. To read more about Android Rooting, click here.
Now as you read above, when you root, you get to control more about the device. So of course, when you root galaxy star pro duos, you would be able to perform many android root tweaks on it. Like to list a few when you root your device you could you can install Custom ROMs, Play HD Games, enhance the performance of the device by deleting all the bloatware, also you could increase the RAM , and perform overclocking on the processor in android, and increase the internal memory, Not only this there are almost uncountable number of android tweaks that can be done. To read them all here, read Android Root Tweaks.
But unfortunately, not only advantages there many disadvantages too when you root your star pro duos, like when you root you tend to lose the warranty of the device, and not only that you can mess up with the device when you try to do things you don’t know about. imagine a scenario where you deleted the phone app from the device, as you have root access you can do it, and then you won’t be bale to make calls, as the phone app has been deleted. So one should be really careful and cautious when rooting, or performing tweaks, as it can land you i trouble sometimes. Also when you root, there can be sometimes random reboots which prove to be a headache sometimes. To know more about disadvantages of rooting, head to this post.
So after you have analyzed all the pros and cons of rooting star pro duos, now only you should be heading for it.
About This Tutorial:
Again, now here is a basic idea of what methods we would be adopting for gaining the root access on Star Pro Duos, as you might be knowing there are many ways out there. So you should know what exactly you are doing before you begin. In this tutorial, we will firstly use a Laptop or a Computer to flash CWM on Galaxy Star pro Duos, and then after we have installed the recovery, we would be using the recovery to flash the SuperSU flashable file from the device itself. And this is how we are going to root star pro duos. Though this method is not the shortest, but it is the most traditional way to get the root access to a Samsung device, and also with this you would be installing a CWM recovery, which would help you further in flashing custom ROMs and other zip packages on the device.
Before we root Galaxy Star Pro, there are some things that need to be done first, and so we have compiled a list of pre requisites that need to be done in the first place.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging Mode on the device is already enabled. if in case it is not, you should do it, by navigating into the Developer Option under the Settings Menu.
- Also the battery of the device should be atleast 60% as we do not want that the juice should finish off in the middle, and interrupt the procedure.
- Before beginning, we advise you to make a complete backup of the device. in case you do not know how to make one, you can refer to our guides below.
- Download the files from the download section below.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- We will also be needing proper drivers and a Laptop or a Computer for the same purpose to flash CWM on Star pro Duos.
But before you jump to the instructions, make sure that you download these files first as they will be required in the procedure.
How to Root Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 :
So here are the instructions, that will help you to root the Galaxy Star Pro Duos, and also install CWM on it.
- Download and extract the essentials required for rooting your phone from here. After you have extracted them, you will find the SuperSU.zip, Odin3 v3.07 and recovery.tar file in the package.
- Connect your phone to the computer and transfer the SuperSU.zip file to the phone memory. Also turn on the sub debugging mode on your phone by going into settings.
- Now boot your phone into download mode by first turning off your phone and then pressing and holding the Power key + Home key + Volume down key simultaneously for about 8-10 seconds. You phone will then boot into download mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable and then run Odin3.exe file from the extracted download package that you downloaded in the first step.
- If the phone is properly connected, Odin will show your phone as added, and the ID:COM section will turn blue.
- Now click on the PDA field and select the recovery.tar file from the extracted download package.
- Click on start which will begin flashing the recovery file to your phone.
- Once the flashing is done, your phone will automatically reboot and you will see a green pass message on the Odin window. Now disconnect your phone from the USB cable.
- You now need to boot your phone into recovery mode which is done by turning it off and then pressing and holding the Home key + Volume up key + Power button for about 8-10 seconds. Your phone will then boot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode, navigate using the volume up and the volume down key to the ” Install zip from SD card” option and select it using the power key.
- Then choose the SuperSU.zip file and click yes to any prompts.
- So, you’re now down, and you have rooted your Star Pro Duos.
If you face any problems in the tutorial, you could try it once, and rechecking the drivers on the PC or Laptop. Also if you still face any more errors, you could contact us, our team would try to get back to you as soon as possible. So this was a short tutorial, that helped you to Root Galaxy Star pro Duos and install CWM on it.