Did your device get old and slow? Well it is pretty normal for an android device to slow down with time. But you could always root galaxy s2 and improve the performance of the device and can make you experience with your device better as always.
Before you Root Galaxy S2:
Before you can begin the procedure to root galaxy s2, you should be knowing that what really rooting is and what are you actually performing or doing to your device. In case you have been rooting devices, since a long time and know about it really well, then of course this part of the tutorial can be skipped. But on the other hand, if you are not and are a beginner, then you should give this part a read at least.
Android Root in gives you the root access to the device, which in turn gives you the authority to perform many hardcore tweaks on the device. You are the super user of the device and can really control the device the way you want. And not only this you can interfere in the core functioning and make the device function the way you want and perform some serious customizations as well. All in all you get the ability to fully control the device. If you want to read more about android rooting, then you could refer to this post here.
As you are able to perform and control the device fully, you can take many advantages out of rooting your android device. You can perform many tweaks to increase the performance or the overall productivity of the device. To list a few tweaks you can overclock processor, increase the RAM , Play HD Games, flash Custom ROMs, ad also increase the internal memory.
And not only this, there are many many root tweaks that can be performed on the device, once you’ve rooted galaxy s2. To read about what more advantaged that you can take by rooting your android device, read this post.
But on the other hand, along with all those advantages and tweaks there are some disadvantages of rooting galaxy s2 as well. For instance, also some of you might be knowing that when you root the device, you would void the manufacturers warranty as well. And also after root the device is more open and vulnerable to security breaches, as you manually override system defaults. You can read about more android rooting disadvantages, if you wish to know them all.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will root the galaxy s2 with the help of a tool that we will install on the computer and then connect the device to the computer and then root the device. This is really an easy way as all you have to do is, just plug it in and then click. This has been a tested method and works pretty well, and also is very secure method to root the device.
Before you can move on to the instructions part and get started, there are some things that you should get done in the first place before you root galaxy s2. Go through the list below.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode, and and if you do not know how to do it, detailed instructions have been given in the last section.
- Make sure that you charge the device to at least 60 -70 percent before beginning.
- Backup all the important data on the device, and you can do that by the tutorials given below.
- We will need a laptop or a computer with proper drivers installed for the device. You can download them here.
- Download the files from the download section below.
Download the files below from the download section, as the files are required in the procedure to root s2. But before you can hit the download button, you will have to unlock it by doing any of the one things mentioned below.
How to Root Galaxy S2 SGH-I777:
So here are the final steps that you need to take, to root galaxy s2. Once again make sure that you have set everything in it’s place before hand.
- You need to enable USB debuggin on your phone. To do this, go to Settings from the app drawer and then to Developer Options. Then check the box next to USB Debugging. If you can’t find the Developer Options, tab on the built number about 10 times in the About menu and then look for Developer Options.
- Now install the vRoot app which will root your phone from the link onto your computer from the download section above,
- Now launch the vRoot app on your computer and connect your phone in download mode to the computer using a USB cable.
- If your phone is properly connected, vRoot will automatically recognize your phone and you will see the status as connected with the phones name on the screen in the vRoot window.
- Once the device is properly connected, all you have to do is click on the Root button which will start the rooting process. Your phone will automatically reboot once the process is complete.
To make sure of the root, look for the SuperSU app installed on your phone in the app drawer. If you find this app, your phone has been successfully rooted.
So this was a short tutorial that helped you to root galaxy s2 SGH-I777 within one click, and if you face any problems or any other errors, like the download links are not working then you could contact us or comment below any other user, or someone from our team would get back to help you out. So I hope this post helped you. Do share, if it did. 🙂