Samsung Galaxy Grand is a really cool device with a big display and good hardware. But the device somehow gets laggy after use. So if you want to root galaxy grand duos on 4.2.2 firmware, then you are at the right place. Follow the steps below to root your grand now.
Things you Need to Know Before you root Galaxy Grand:
Here are a couple of things that you need to know before you root your root galaxy grand duos i9082. Rooting is like a process in which you gain the administrator rights for your android device, and do whatever you want. It can be used to take more benefit from the hardware of the device. Also after you Root I9082 you can do many things like, you can Increase internal Memory, Increase RAM, Play HD Games and much more. Also you could flash some best custom ROMs to change the looks of your Android Smartphone. To know more, read Advantages of Rooting Android Smartphone.
Also with the help of this tutorial you will be able to root your galaxy grand on jelly bean 4.2.2, and make sure that your device is on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Only and not on any other firmware. Or otherwise you might brick you device. Read Disadvantages of Rooting Android Smartphone.
Pre-Requisites to Root Galaxy Grand:
Here is a list of things that you will need before you start the procedure to root Galaxy Grand on Jelly bean 4.2.2 firmware.
- A Laptop or a Computer with proper drivers installed on it, for your device. Get Drivers here –> Android USB Drivers
- Enable the USB Debugging mode, you can do that by going to Settings>Development> and then checking the USB Debugging mode.
- Though while rooting your device, the data on phone does not get deleted, but still it is advisable to do a backup of all your important data. Read Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Also make sure that the device has atleast 70% of battery. As we do not want the device to shut down due to low power in the middle of process.
- Download the files required to root galaxy grand , from the download links given below.
Also Read: Update galaxy Grand to KitKat
Download the following files to root grandgt-i9082 on Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
Procedure to Install CWM on Galaxy Grand on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
Follow the steps below to install cwm on galaxy grand.
- First off all download both the files from the links above.
- Extract the Odin, so that you get to see the odin.exe file, and can run it on the computer or laptop.
- Now swtich off the phone, and boot it into the doanload mode. You can do that by pressing the Volume Down Key, Home and Power key all together.
- Now the phone will ask you confirmation for entering the download mode, then you need to press Volume Up key.
- Now connect the computer to your galaxy grand by using a USB Cable.
- Now run odin, and then wait for it to detect the device. If the Odin has detected the device, the ID:COM section will turn blue. If it does not turn blue, disconnect the device, and then connect it again. If it still does not connect make sure the proper drivers have bee installed.
- Now in the odin window, click on the PDA button and select the cwm_touch_chottufile that you downloaded.
- Now configure the settings, and click on the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes, so that they are selected.
- Let the Re-Partition option remain unselected.
- Now that all the settings have been configured, click on the start button, and then the odin will start flashing.
- On success the ID:COM section will turn green, and it will say PASS.
- Now you can disconnect you device, and reboot it.
Root Galaxy Grand on 4.2.2 Firmware:
Now that you have installed CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos 4.2.2, follow these steps below to root it.
- Place the Update Super SU file on the SD card of the device.
- Reboot the device into the recovery mode, you can do that by pressing the Volume Up, Power and Home button simultaneously.
- Now that you have booted into the Recovery Mode, now select the option, install zip from sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard. Now select the SuperSU file, and flash it.
- After you have installed it, reboot the device, and Congratulations you have rooted galaxy grand on jelly bean 4.2.2 successfully. 🙂
This was a short tutorial on how to root the Galaxy Grand on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. I hope it helped 🙂 Also you can donate to the original developer from the source link below.