Do you want to Install CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1 ? if Yes, then you are most welcome to read the best in depth easy guide on Installing CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1 within a few minutes. The Tutorial Goes step by step to tell you what do you need to Install CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1? What do you need to have to Install CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1? and also what all are you gonna have after Install CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1?
So Here you are ! Excited about instilling CWM on your device. I guess you actually know what is CWM and what are its uses and benefits over android recovery well in case you don’t know then please go through the next ,portion of the post and read all about everything.
What does Installing CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1 Mean ?
Actually Installing CWM is nothing but installing an interface on which android itself woks. We by default have android recovery on our devices. The android recovery does not allows us to have many functions and features than custom recovery allows us to have.
So we flash a Custom Recovery so that we can use out Phone to the fullest and can easily install many ROMs and scripts. So basically the next thing that can be in your mind is all the things are pretty fine up till yet but whats the need of Installing/flashing a custom recovery n my device ?
Also Read: Update Xperia Z1 to KitKat 4.4
Why Do you need to Install CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1 ?
The Basic reason for this is to get more functionality out of your device. By installing a custom recovery we can clear delvik cache, we can clear battery stats.
When you think you want a new ROM on your device. then it time to make flash a new ROM on your device and that will only happen if you have installed a Custom Recovery on your device.
Through Recovery we can actually flash a ROM and withing seconds enjoy the new interface.
Also we can make Nandroid backups into memory cards to install the same backup after a ROM install or a factory reset ! And after Nandroid backup restore we have the device which was earlier with all the apps and data.
Also Read – The best ROMs to be installed on Sony Xperia Z1
Before You Begin Flashing a Custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z1
There are some prerequisites before starting with this process.
- You must ROOT your Sony Xperia Z1, Follow the tutorial – Root Sony Xperia Z1 Easily with One Click Root
- You need to backup all your Data and internal contacts.
Try this tutorial to do so – Backup Apps for Unrooted Phones
- You need to back up your Contacts
try this tutorial- Backup and restore Contacts
- You need to backup all your Messages and MMS
try this tutorial to do so – Backup and Restore SMS
- Or this tutorial will have it all to Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Make sure your Battery is more than 80%, to ensure that your Device doesn’t goes off while in the process.
- Also Set USB Debugging Mode to “ON”.
- Also know that you need your Bootloader to be unlocked. So head on to Unlocking Bootloader website in order to Unlock.
- WARNING – This works on 518 and 526 firmwares only. Do NOT try this on any other firmware versions. it may brick your device.
Required Downloads to Install CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1
There are some downloads to be done so that to Install CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1. As the further process needs the files to be downloaded.
The Download links are locked from SPAM. So you need to like or G+ our below and show us that you are social. and the moment you click on any of the button below the links will be visible to you ! Also by doing this you will be connected with us on a social network where we can give further rooting support. So dont wait just get the links !
Place both the files on your Desktop after downloading.
So after downloading the files proceed to the Flashing section of the article.
Also Read – Unroot Xperia Z1 and flash Stock ROM
How to Install CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1 ?
- Extract the files from the fastboot archive to the desktop.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
- Now its time to plug in your device to your PC through the USb cable. Make sure you use the original USb cable.
- Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, simply hold down the Shift button and right-click anywhere on your Desktop and choose Open command window here.
- Now type the following code into the Command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
- This command will make your device Reboot.
- Now just enter this code to flash the kernel on your device.
- Once it’s been flashed, issue the following command to reboot your device into the newly installed CWM Recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- Now your device will reboot into recovery mode
- you can disconnect the cable from your PC.
- You have successfully installed the CWM/TWRP on Sony Xperia Z1.
That was it you have successfully installed the Custom Recovery on your sony Xperia Z1 .
Now you can install ROMs onto your device with no worries.
For any queries just head on to the comments section.