If you are looking to install cwm on xperia c, here is a easy post, which will help you in the task. So let us begin.
Before you Install CWM on Xperia C:
The stock recovery put in the android phone by the manufacturer company, is just a basic one and won’t let you enjoy and take the most out of your root access. The stock recovery on the phone does’nt even let the users install and flash roms on the phone. So users generally flash a custom recovery, which lets you perform many functions on the phone. It lets you instal ROMS, kernels, and many other things. And among the custom recoveries, a CWM is the best you can get, as it is quite powerful and easy to use.
Read: Custom Roms for Xperia C
We will be installing the recovery on the Xperia C, with the help of a computer and and flashing the recovery image on the help. It is a easy tutorial, and you wouldn’t end into any troubles, all you need to do is, follow the instructions properly.
Go through the list below and make sure you have them done before you move on t the instructions part and start with the procedure to install the recovery on the phone.
- First of all make sure that the device is charged to at least 60 percent, as we do not want that it should go off in the middle of the procedure.
- You will need a laptop or a computer with the proper drivers installed on it, you can download them from the download section.
- This method won’t delete any of your data, but still it is advised that you back it up, you can refer to the guides below to do so.
- Download the files from the download section below.
- Make sure that you have rooted your device, as root access is required for it.
Download the fies from the download links below, as they are required for the tutorial and without them you would not be able to install the cwm recovery on xperia c.
- Place the downloaded custom recovery image file into your computer.
- Install the USB drivers.
- Connect your Xperia C to your computer using a USB data cable. If the drivers are properly installed, your phone will be connected.
- Copy the recovery.img file into the root of the internal storage of your phone.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Open the Play Store and install the MTK Mobile Uncle Tools on your Xperia C.
- Launch the app from the app drawer and select the “Recovery Update” option.
- Then select the recovery.img file.
So this is it. You have now successfully installed the cwm recovery on your sony xperia c, and if in case you ran into any problem or any issue while following the instructions, feel free to comment below, and we would try to get back to you soon.