Here is a post that would help you out to root Ascend G500 and that too without even using a computer. You could easily root your Ascend G500 without facing any issues and other problems or hardships that a regular tutorial puts you through. So let’s begin.
Before you Root Ascend G500:
As you are here to root your Ascend G500, you are expected that you should be knowing of android rooting and the basic things related to it. So that you are not just rooting the device as a fad, but really know what is it all about. In case you already know that and are not a newbie or a beginner them you could skip this part of the post and move on to the next, but if in case you are one, you should definitely first get to know at least some basics about android rooting and things related to it. Here is a small paragraph that might help you begin with it.
Android Rooting is a process which makes you the super user of the device, by getting you the root access to the device as the name suggests. This means, that you are able control your device and do things on it which the default android code does not allow you to do. You are able to perform tweaks, customizations and other stuff on the device which definitely makes your device better for you. They may be performance tweaks or simple customization tweaks. Rooting allows you to interfere in the functioning of the device and also you could make changes in many system processes. All in all rooting will get you started with the device and experience the real open source environment of android. We cannot even discuss just the 10% of what android rooting is all about and this would just be the conclusion on that case, and if you now are really interested in reading more about it, you should read this post here.
Android Rooting allows you to perform tweaks and customizations, of course it means that you can use it to your own advantage. To list a few tweaks that you could perform on the device, you could install Custom ROMs, Play HD Games, overclock processor,increase the RAM and also you could increase the internal memory. And not only this, there are many other tweaks that you can perform on the device and if you wish to read about them too, refer to this list. And the detailed post explaining the advantages of rooting would further assist you.
Also android rooting has some disadvantages as well. Your device becomes more vulnerable and you might also end up in troubles while performing many hardcore tweaks on the device, so you got to be really cautious and not take it casually. And there are many other disadvantages of rooting your android device, the most common of them all is when you root a device you lose the warranty on the device, which is provided by the manufacturer. So people generally root the device only when it is out of the warranty period. You can know about more disadvantages of rooting here.
About the Tutorial:
Huawei Ascend G500 will be rooted in this tutorial with the help of framaroot. Many of. You might be knowing that framaroot is a stand alone app and it will help us to get the root access from the phone itself. Yes, you don’t need a pc or a desktop for this one. And this is what makes this tutorial one of the easiest of them all, and also it is safe unlike other methods of using command prompt and flashing files on the phone.
Here are some things that need your attention before you begin with the procedure to root Ascend G500 and you need to have them done before. So below is a list that has all those things that need your attention in the first place.
- First of all, backup all your important data on the device.
- Rooting does not delete any of the user data, but still you should back it up as a precaution.
- Refer to the guides below, if in case you do not know how to do it.
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Messages
- Charge the device to at least 60 or 70 percent, as you would not want that the device should go off in the middle of the procedure and ask you to plug in the charger.
- Enable the installation of apps from Unknown Sources, which can be found under the Security tab in Settings.
- Download the files from the download section below.
You are required to download the framaroot app from then download link below as it is the app which we will be using to root the phone. Make sure that you directly download it to the phone to save time from transferring it from a pc to the phone instead.
- Install framaroot on ascend g500 with the downloaded apk.
- After that, open the app from app drawer.
- Select the option ‘Install SuperSU‘ from the first menu.
- After that tap on the option ‘Gandalf‘.
- With that the framaroot will begin the procedure to root the phone and till it finishes don’t close the app or interrupt it.
- It will show you a success notification as you can see in the screenshot.
- Once it does, close the app and reboot the phone and you will have the root access on your phone as soon as it boots up.
So this is it, this was a tutorial that helped you to root Ascend G500 without pc easily and within minutes. If you face any problems in the middle of the procedure or any of the download links don’t work or any other tutorial related problem then you could get to us in the form of comments below and we would get back to you with a solution asap.