Do you wt to Root Android on Mac OS X ? If yes then you are at the right place this article is in depth filled with 2 methods to root your android from a Macintosh Computer or laptop. Hardly you will find this content on the internet but now with our all new method it is very easy t o Root any android on Mac OS X.
Do your android Really needs a Root Android on Mac OS X ? Know What actually Android Rooting is ? Yes it is very important for us to Root our android to make it accept more valuable things like Apps and ROMs very easily and efficiently rather than just sticking to the launchers and lock screens that our Phone Carrier Provides us with.Well i will make you all clear Rooting is never Healthy it can be a disease too.Read about Disadvantages of Android Rooting.
Before You Root Android on Mac OS X
- Make sure you backup all your data.
- Backup MMS/SMS
- Backup Call details & restore app
- Backup other stuff with my most recommended Titanium Backup & MyBackup Root
- Also make sure that your phone is charged at least 90% so that it does not goes of in the middle of the Root Android on Mac OS X process. Also be sure that your computer is set of with the antivirus and firewalls, the cable with the specific drivers must be ready
Assuming the instructions above are followed we move further to Root Android on Mac OS X
Root Android On Mac OS X | 2 Methods
Here we have 2 methods for rooting any android with existing Froyo or Ginger Bread ROM on a Mac OS PC. Also the 1st and the advanced method is applicable on Linux based PC. So just Read On the 2 Methods to Root android on Mac. I want you to be very patient to read about the processes as sometimes we skip things and end up with a bricked Smart Phone. So just Read on.
Advance Method | Root Android on Mac OS X
This method is capable of rooting maximum android devices running over Froyo pr Ginger Bread ROM on Mac or Linux Too.
Please Download Droid Easy Root v7d.zip Now Extract this Zip Folder to specific destination.
- Set USB debugging Enabled for your Phone, To do so go to Settings-Applications-Development, and check the box for “USB debugging”.
- Connect your Phone with The PC.
- Don’t select file sharing or tethering mode.Just be in the Charging Only State.
- Open terminal and change the path to the folder we just extracted that is “Droid Easy Root v7d”.
- Now execute the “run_to_root_your_droid3.sh” present there to open the one click root tool.
- Its Almost Done, Now just follow the On screen Instructions and wait for the rooting process to take place.
- Also during this the Phone will Reboot many times so just keep calm and let Root your android device.
- You have Rooted Your Android.
Also Read About Advantages of Rooting
Beginner Method | Root Android on Mac OS X
This method is only and only applicable via MAC OS X. So Don’t try this on Linux.Also this method is again applicable on all froyo and gingerbread ROM androids.
Please Download Droid Easy Root v7d.zip. . Now Extract this Zip Folder to specific destination.
- After Download if the Zip File doesn’t unzips itself then double click and open it, A folder of same name will be opened.
- Find the path of the new folder, To get it Right Click on the File and then File Info, the file path appears on the left side.
- Open Terminal (applications>utilities>terminal)
- Change directory to the new folder (the file path you found earlier) the following file path is an example:
- Press enter now the terminal will change to the new directory.
- Remember always entering these commands – These Commands are case sensitive and you need to take care of your Caps Lock.
- On your DX, be sure USB debugging is turned on, If not So then enable it by going settings>applications>development>USB debugging and tick mark the check box.
- Now Connect the DX to your Mac and select Charge Only from the notification bar. Don’t Go For tethering or File Sharing Mode.
- While still in terminal and now in the proper directory type
- Now Press Enter. And Keep Upper Case and Lower case Letters in Consideration.
- Now Just Follow The On screen Instructions And In this process the Phone will Reboot for 3 times.
- Enjoy Your Rooted Android Through Mac OS X.
Important: Check and Verify Root Access
You Just Rooted Your Android Device on a Mac OS X PC. that really is Cool. Did You Enjoyed Reading about How to Root Android on Mac OS X on our Blog ?
Do Leave us Replies and queries in the Comments section.
Incoming Search Terms
- Sync Android with Mac
- Sync Droid with Mac
- Run Android Apps On Mac
- Android Phone On Mac
- Android for Mac
- Android to Apple
- File Transfer Android Mac