Are a Samsung Galaxy Ace s5380 user and looking to update it to Android4.2.2? Looking for a newer version of Android to install on your phone? Yes you are at the right place.
Install the Android 4.2.2 Custom Firmware on Ace s5380 and take the leisures of the new Android version. This firmware has been developed by the Cyanogenmod team, and it will let you install Android 4.2.2 Firmware on your Galaxy Ace s5380. Follow the tutorial below to install Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy ace, or in other words to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.2.2 Officially, via the Cyanogenmod. The OS ROM and firmware is pretty stable so you ned not worry. Also when the next firmware rolls out you could update it by navigatin to settings. but let’s not deviate from the topic. Read the instructions below to Update Galaxy Ace s5380 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2. make ure you match the device, and not install it on any other device. This firmware will only work on Samsung Galaxy Ace s5380. As first you need to root your phone.
- Check Root Access on Galaxy Ace
Also Read: Update Galaxy Ace to KitKat and Install CM11
Pre-Requistes to Install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on Galaxy Ace s5380:
- Root your Phone. You need to root your Samsung Galaxy Ace.
- A computer or a laptop, installed with Samsung Drivers.
- Turn off the Firewalls and the Anti-Viruses that may be active on your system.
- Enable the USB Debugging option in your phone, by going into the settings on your galaxy ace.
- The phone’s battery should be atleast 70-80 percent. So that your phone does not die off in the midst of the procedure.
Update Samsung Galaxy Ace s5380 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2:
- Download this firmware file.
- Save the file, it will be in “.zip” format. Do not make any changes to the file.
- Connect your Galaxy Ace with the Computer, using the USB Cable. make sure drivers are installed on the computer first.
- Copy-Paster the firmware file you downloaded above to your SD Card, installed on phone.
- Remove the USB Cable and reboot you Galaxy Ace into the recovery mode.
- TO move into recovery mode you need to press the Volume Up+Power+Home buttons simultaneously, till you see the Samsung Logo.
- Now after entering the Recovery Mode, wipe all the data, and then Wipe Cache of your phone.Note: Before wiping data, and cache make sure to backup all your important data, as by this all the data on the phone will be erased.
- To wipe all the data efficiently “wipe data factory reset”, then “wipe cache partition” and then finally “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Now return to the main menu of the Recovery mode.
- Now select the option “Install from SD Card”. Then tap on the option “Choose Zip from SD Card”.
- Now the select the file you downloaded ad placed on the SD Card.
- Now it will install the firmware file onto your phone. After the finishing of the process navigate again to the main menu of the CWM Recovery.
- Now tap on “Reboot System”.
- Congrats , you’re done.
You have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Ace s5380 to Android Jelly Bean v4.2.2by flashing a custom Firmware, CM 10.1. Now enjoy the new gestures of Android 4.2.2, and do share your experience below in the comments.